Reports & Studies
- Healthcare Intermediaries: Competition and Healthcare Policy at Loggerheads?
White Paper, American Antitrust Institute, May 7, 2012
- Connecting the Dots: How Anticompetitive Contracting Practices, Kickbacks, and Self-dealing by Hospital Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) Caused the U. S. Drug Shortage
By Patricia Earl, Principal/CEO, Secure Pharma Distributor Network and Phillip L. Zweig, Financial Journalist, Author, & Independent Consultant
- Do Group Purchasing Organizations Achieve the Best Prices for Member Hospitals? An Empirical Analysis of Aftermarket Transactions
Robert E. Litan and Hal J. Singer, Navigant Consulting, October 2010.
- Group Purchasing Organizations' Distributor Fees Formula Requires Scrutiny: Current Practice Fails to Meet New Standards for Transparency, Ethics, and Integrity in GPO Contracting
Report by the Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA) Sept. 2007.
- Group Purchasing Organizations: An Evaluation of their Effectiveness in Providing Services to Hospitals and their Patients
Center for Corporate Accountability, Baruch College, City University of New York. July 20, 2006
- The Impact of Group Purchasing on the Financial Prospects of Health Systems: Changing Value Perceptions and Unintended Consequences
By Lynn James Everard, V.I.P.E.R Group Inc. 2003
- Is America's Health Care Hindered by "Group Purchasing Organizations?"
Garret G. Rasmussen, Washington Legal Foundation. April 26, 2002